Weight & Volume -Efficient Feed

Discussion in 'Llama Packing' started by stenslat, Sep 22, 2020.

1. stenslat

stenslat Associate Member

Any opinions on the lightest feed? For humans, I simply look at calories/ounce to figure out how to feed myself with minimal weight. Would calories be the key number for llamas too?

As we get to later hunting seasons we start to have snow on the ground at high elevations and at some point I need to bring in feed because there is too much snow for the boys to get down to any grass. I normally feed my boys 5 pounds of grass hay each per day when in the pen. On my snow trips I have been bringing about that much, but do 50/50 alfalfa/grass.

Volume also gets to be a problem hauling in alfalfa/grass, so maybe pellets would help with that.

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. docdennis

docdennis Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. stenslat

stenslat Associate Member

5. marty mcgee bennett

6. RWBlount

RWBlount New Member

7. marty mcgee bennett