Swings hind end in show ring

Discussion in 'Showing' started by marty mcgee bennett, Jul 27, 2005.

1. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Hi Marty,

Its been a couple of months, but I thought you might be interested.... had purchased the book, DVD, training rope, halter*and wand - all proved*GREAT in helping work better with the male stud 'Da Vinci', and with me understanding even more about these wonderful creatures. Each piece worked its wonder, just as you displayed in the DVD.
    Previously could not touch*Vinnie,*usually reared up to 'get away'. He is so comfortable with me now that I can pat him all over, feed out of my*hand and also the waist bag I carry, and haltering is too easy. Even managed to clip the front toe nails without restraining him - still working on the back.
    Still have one problem though. He has always been skittish when someone went behind him - understandable, I would too :)* - problem is that although he is comfortable standing alongside me and I can inspect his fleece all over, if someone else approaches, he still moves his rear away, making it impossible for anyone else to inspect. I have tried getting someone else to hold his rein while I approach - still no good. Tried with redirecting his nose direction to get the rear back in place, gets even more skittish. I'm thinking I may train him to cush - that's the only time he lets anyone touch him all over, though that's not what a judge wants to see.
    Oh well, will keep trying...

2. marty mcgee bennett

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.