Not normal shedding

Discussion in 'TTOUCH' started by Ann Powell, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Ann Powell

Ann Powell Guest

In less than a week, one my llamas wool is noticeably shedding, so much so that I can see his skin. His skin appears smooth, he has a good appetite, is alert, no change in diet and he has been wormed. I noticied this morning however that his back legs are slighly shaking as if he is cold. The shedding appears to be mainly at the back end and moving its way up to the lower front of his body. My llamas are in a fenced area and have no direct contact with any wildlife. Their water is fresh daily and pens are bedded everyday. I have made a call for the vet (obviously), but I would appreciate any thoughts of what this could be.
    Ann

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

5. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

6. OHL

OHL Practitioner

7. marty mcgee bennett

8. LesLamasDeRocaNera

LesLamasDeRocaNera Associate Member

9. marty mcgee bennett

10. LesLamasDeRocaNera

LesLamasDeRocaNera Associate Member