Insights on TTOUCH and headwork

Discussion in 'TTOUCH' started by Alyson Gilman, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Insight on TTOUCH and headwork

At a recent Advanced Clinic, I had a revelation about doing headwork. Marty was working with this wonderfully "headstrong" llama (pun intended)...let's call her Lucy. Marty was demonstrating that headwork is only helpful for the animal and handler when the animal's head is still.

It's like asking the kids to pay attention when they're watching TV or running out the door. It just doesn't work.

So, back to Marty and our lovely llama. Marty said she was trying to keep Lucy's head in a small imaginary box ... constantly balancing and re-balancing. When the llama's head is CONTAINED, not restrained, in this imaginary boundary, the animal (and handler alike) can be present for the TTOUCH and the haltering experience or whatever it is you want to do around the head.

Here's how I imagine it...
    [​IMG]

I now think of it as a training pen for the head...I have applied this to my work and have found a profound difference in the relationship I can build with the animal while getting the headwork done.

Many thanks to Marty & llama Lucy.

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Karin Finch

Karin Finch Guest

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

5. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator