Herding Tape

Discussion in 'Gear & Tools' started by Williams, May 11, 2009.

1. Williams

Williams Guest

Just wanted to share an my herding experience this afternoon.
    Since we board our alpacas next door and this is where I do all my handling and training (our animals as well as theirs). I am used to having the show string in a separate barn with dry lots and small pasture for the duration. I rarely need to do much more than herding with my wands. And after several days the gang usually moves themselves in and out of the catch pens and leadway etc. But this season I'm relocated out to another property with large barn and pasture etc. This was just the 3rd day and I figured that I would shake the grain bucket to draw them in --- Well upon arrival I couldn't find a bucket anywhere today! Yikes I'm miles from anything or anyone. I need to get those 8 boys into the barn and my catch pen. Aha!! My gear bag holds the herding tape I purchased just in case!! It worked so cool and I began my sessions feeling so confident! Love those tools!
    Marsha Williams

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.