Hair loss on neck

Discussion in 'Medical' started by AnimalMom, Oct 24, 2023.

1. AnimalMom

AnimalMom Associate Member

Hello,
    I've noticed 3 of my llamas are shedding/losing hair along their necks. It started with an area on the front of their necks and has spread to their entire neck. At first it was just 1 llama and after a week another llama started losing hair and now 3 of them are losing hair on their necks. I don't see any other abnormalities and I don't see any lice. The weather was very hot when I noticed the first llama, but now its getting cooler and I was curious if temperature change could be the cause? I've looked throughout the forum but most hair loss seems to also come with skin irritations, scabs etc. I don't see any of this on my llamas. Its been over a week but they continue to lose hair along their necks. Any thoughts? Should I consult a vet?
    Thank you so much!
    Melissa

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. AnimalMom

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. AnimalMom

6. marty mcgee bennett