Do you recommend to give horse goodies to llamas

Discussion in 'Gear & Tools' started by Susanne, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Susanne

Susanne Well-Known Member

Dear Marty.

one experience- - as I was feeding horse treats to my best llama Rosano ( my breeder told me it is a good idea to do so ???-)
    he went with a small bump of his nose towards me and the pocket with the goodies treats, as If he said. I know you have them- so give me more.. I did not like that behavior, so I reduced to feeding goodis treats just rearly and only one after a nice walk.

so my question.- do you recommend to give horse treats as goodies to llamas -

and when? for example after they having done good work in the catch pen or after a long walk

Or what kind of food as a treats - goodie are you feeding llamas extra ?

or would you never reward them or lure with food?

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. The Compassionate Farm

The Compassionate Farm Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. LlamaLady

LlamaLady Associate Member

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. LlamaLady

8. marty mcgee bennett

9. LlamaLady

10. marty mcgee bennett