CBD MCT Oil for Alpacas

Discussion in 'Medical' started by LlamaLady, Mar 3, 2024.

Tags:
  1. LlamaLady

LlamaLady Associate Member

Has anyone had experience using CBD MCT Oil for Alpacas?? I read that is definitely has been used for dogs, horses, and camelids. However, I cannot seem to find the dosing recommendations. I have a great video of a veterinarian talking about how to dose dogs, explaining that there are so many variables that weight should not be the definitive indicator for dosing. He recommends “Start Low and Go Slow.” The product that I make has 50mg per teaspoon or 10mg per gram of oil weight.

I would like to know what a conservative “starting dose” would be for a typical alpaca. I have not weighed mine, but they are probably average, about 150lbs.

I was thinking of using something like this at shearing and toenail time. It seems like the safety factor for this is much greater than typical sedatives.

Thanks.

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. LlamaLady

LlamaLady Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.