Body wrap question

Discussion in 'Gear & Tools' started by Paulette Kaskinen, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Woody, my adolescent alpaca who happens to be deaf, seems to become anxious quite easily and has begun to cush when he is in the catch pen with the gate closed, and has also puffed/spat in my direction a couple of times at feeding time. He's not a big behavior problem, but I want to keep working with him and will need him to be okay with being in the catch pen. I'm going to be doing short sessions with him to try not to overwhelm him - I think his anxiety there is partly my fault for not seeing his anxiety and keeping him in there a little too long, occasionally with me and an adolescent (human) client.

Anyway, I wondered about using a body wrap with him, if that might be something that would calm him down. Marty, you know my boy - do you think this would be a reasonable thing to try with him? Other suggestions are welcome - he's a wonderful boy, but I'm still a newbie and want to make sure I"m doing well by him!!

Thanks,

Paulette

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Liz McDannold

Liz McDannold Practitioner

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

6. Williams

Williams Guest

7. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

8. marty mcgee bennett

9. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

10. marty mcgee bennett