looking for some success stories

Discussion in 'Behavioral Challenges' started by joslynlouise, Jul 26, 2017.

1. joslynlouise

joslynlouise New Member

My husband surprised me with two alpaca this spring. While we had been planning on getting some soon he wanted to surprise me and got two 9 year old males. As wonderful a gift as it is to this hand spinner I have some reservations. He didn't ask many questions and we don't know how much, if at all they have been haltered and lead. My kids do 4H and this summer we leased some alpaca from a local farm for them to use for showmanship/obstacles. Our hope is to use our own next year. One of the boys is friendly and curious, he will come to the fence when I approach. The other is much more timid. Is there hope of working with them in their old age?

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. jchickering

jchickering CAMELIDynamics Consultant

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

5. Cindy R

Cindy R CAMELIDynamics Senior Consultant