Parasites

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Louise1952, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Louise1952

Louise1952 Well-Known Member

In the 4 1/2 years I have had alpacas, I have never had to treat for parasites, other than a couple of juvenile boys who had tapes.
    Today I pulled random fecals and one of my girls who I have only had for a couple of months has Emac. She is 3 years old, good body condition and appetite, and doesn't show signs of being sick. Does this parasite cause illness quickly or do I have a chance of successfully treating her before she is obviously ill?
    I am in touch with my vet and she is waiting on me to get a weight on her; which won't be easy. The last time I tried to get hands-on with her, she went crazy, tried to jump through the top of a gate and just about killed us both! It is hot and humid so I don't want to stress her any more than absolutely necessary.
    All suggestions and comments are welcome!! (yes, i have attended Camelidynamics and yes, this alpaca is smarter than me!)

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Louise1952

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

5. Louise1952