Healing elbows in Cria (fatty substance)

Discussion in 'Medical' started by HarmonyFarm, Apr 8, 2017.

1. HarmonyFarm

HarmonyFarm Member

Hi All.
    Hoping someone can help me and our vet? Our cria has deep and raw sores on his elbows. Sustained while re learning to walk (A long post for another thread). We have been treating them and changing dressings every few days. The odd thing is the fatty substance that is profuse in and around the wound. It is a little like suet. My vet has never seen it before (she doesn't generally do livestock). Is this a llama thing? Should we be leaving it in place when we change dressings? I assume it is an emollient produced by the body to aid healing? We are using salicylate ointment and human burns gels gauze. Open to other suggestions.
    With thanks

2. Poplar'Pacas

Poplar'Pacas Active Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Nanci Richards

Nanci Richards CAMELIDynamics Senior Consultant

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. HarmonyFarm

HarmonyFarm Member

5. HarmonyFarm

HarmonyFarm Member

6. HarmonyFarm

HarmonyFarm Member

7. HarmonyFarm

HarmonyFarm Member