Need help training owner and alpacas

Discussion in 'Services' started by JohnRolsen, Mar 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JohnRolsen

JohnRolsen Associate Member

Hi, my name is John Rolsen. I have not been on the forum in quite a while but I am back and need some help. I own 2 Llamas , and they are well behaved and have had some basic training. I recently purchased three Alpacas that needed a home (it was kind of like a rescue) because their home ranch was closing up shop and all of the animals were being sold. These were the last three. Nobody wanted them because they all have defects. They came from a herd over a hundred Alpacas. These guys are 3, 5, and 7 years old. None of them have had any training. I have had my Llamas for a number of years, but I am not a very good trainer. I had a lady certified trainer out here once before but I lost track of her. I need someone to train me and the Alpacas to: harness, lead, shear, shots and clip toenails. I live in Hannibal, MO. We have an 11 room inn so I could put a trainer up for a few days as necessary for the training. Our website is: www.GarthMansion.com.
    Is there anyone out there that can help me or put me in touch with someone who can. I would appreciate it very much. So far all I have done with them is feed them and try to get them to trust me, but they all keep their distance. They do get along well with my Llamas. I would appreciate any and all the help I can get. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    John

2. Poplar'Pacas

Poplar'Pacas Active Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. JohnRolsen

JohnRolsen Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.