Instructors: Marty McGee Bennett (2-Day Basics), Tracy Annis and Marty McGee Bennett(Shearing).
Location: Camelidynamics Training Center, 18380 Pinehurst Rd, Bend Oregon 97701
With our busy lives, it is more important than ever to be able to accomplish the regular animal management tasks in less time and more efficiently. In this clinic - learn how to get more done and how to enjoy working with your animals, using the Camelidynamics methods that are safe, respectful, and kind. Hope you are able to take advantage of either or both parts of this clinic.
Camelidynamics Basic Handling & Training
2-Day Basics Clinic – June 15-16, 2013
Learn the basic principles and techniques of the Camelidynamics approach:
• Knowledge and use of body position to manage alpaca movement
• The magic and power of balance
• Getting results with physics not force
• Effective catching and herding
• Giving injections without fear or force
• Critical halter fit and haltering technique
• Introduction to trimming toenails without trauma
• TTEAM and TTOUCH bodywork
• Organizing your facilities - including pastures and barn using the Camelidynamics Handling Facility!
2-Day Shearing & Fiber Clinic – June 17-18, 2013
• Learn how to organize your facilities
• Learn how to handle animals from the field to the shearing mat and back again.
• Learn how to help your shearer and your animals! Assist Tracy as she shears!
• Learn how to manage the flow of fleece
• Learn how to skirt a fleece
• Watch and experience how to shear your animals standing or both with hand shears and electric shears.
Marty McGee Bennett, Camelidynamics Founder, brings more than 25 years of camelid handling plus an in-depth knowledge of fiber and fiber processing. Marty's approach to llamas and alpacas has evolved over the years and includes her extensive TTEAM and TTouch training with Linda Tellington-Jones. She began to develop her signature way of teaching people how to have a better relationship with their llamas and alpacas while still getting the job done. These methods evolved into CAMELIDynamics - a safe, respectful and effective approach to handling and training camelids.
Tracy Annis, Ranch Manager & Camelidynamics Practitioner uses only Camelidynamics techniques as she shears. Tracy shears both llamas and alpacas in the southwest. She has been involved in the Camelidynamics practitioner program for eight years.
(Early Bird Deadline for registrations: 4/01/2013) (pp=per person)
Combination Clinic - 2-Day Basics + Day 1 of Shearing--Organize Your Shearing Day and Fiber!!!:
One Person: $525 2 from same farm: $455pp Early Bird Discount: $455 pp or $425 pp for couples
2-Day Basics Clinic only:
One Person: $375 2 from same farm: $325 each Early Bird Discount: $325 or $300 pp for couples
Day one of Shearing Clinic only:
One Person: $150 2 from same farm: $130 pp Early Bird Discount: $130 pp or $125 pp for couples
Day Two of Shearing Clinic Hands On Shearing with one on one coaching (limit 8 participants)
$200 per person no discounts
Pre-requisite a Camelidynamics 2 Day Basics and Handling Seminar
A range of accommodations, restaurants and ranches to visit complete the experience. More information on all of these will be sent upon registration.
Clinic Registration - Contact Marty@camelidynamics.com for additional information, questions and/or registration forms.