Choosing and training the driving llama

Discussion in 'Cart Driving' started by maryvdb, Mar 12, 2015.

1. maryvdb

maryvdb Member

Hi all-
    I would really be interested in hearing about other people's experiences with training llamas to drive. I have been working with my llama Cruiser for some time; he long reins fairly well now, pulls a travois, and has been hitched a few times. He's kind of an active, edgy llama, and he's the first one I've tried to train to drive (I've driven ponies for quite a while.) I'm going to post a short video of him in long reins, and a couple of pictures. I've had poor luck with the available llama harness, but I've been putting things together piece by piece with good quality synthetic pony and mini harness, and we're getting something that works well. 1-10-1.jpg tr1.jpg 3-22-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. maryvdb

maryvdb Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. maryvdb

maryvdb Member

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. maryvdb

maryvdb Member

8. marty mcgee bennett