Alpaca Veterinarian Routine Yearly Visit

Discussion in 'Medical' started by LlamaLady, Apr 11, 2024.

1. LlamaLady

LlamaLady Associate Member

I live in the Pacific Northwest (Port Townsend, WA). I have had my 3 gelded alpacas since June of last year just after they were castrated/VetChecked.

Now I have scheduled a vet to come out on April 24th to perform “routine care.”

I would like to start a list that I would discuss with my veterinarian about suggested things that should be included. What immunizations, injections and other points should I be focussed on?

The previous vet visit during their castration included:
    1. Clostridium C/D & Tetanus (CDT) Vaccine
    2. Excede subcutaneous injection. (I am not sure what this was, but it was listed on my receipt). Maybe it was a vitamin injection of some sort.

I will not be using this same vet since he is too far in location.

Thanks for any suggestions. My boys are pretty healthy except for the non-burrowing mites that I am treating with Fipronil spray and is improving. I do feed them pellets that have minerals. I also have a powdered mineral supplement that they do NOT seem to be eating unless I throw some pellets in, but that is NOT being done consistently.

Thanks.

2. jchickering

jchickering CAMELIDynamics Consultant

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. LlamaLady

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. LlamaLady

5. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

6. LlamaLady

7. LlamaLady

8. jchickering

jchickering CAMELIDynamics Consultant

9. LlamaLady

10. LlamaLady