Catch pen Haltering

Discussion in 'Camelids in the Community' started by Rhonda VN, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Rhonda VN

Rhonda VN Associate Member

Wondering about haltering with head moving around and neck to the ground? I have done the escape route,
    wand and rope around neck , the keeping it loose to see if I can proceed rope high as I can, around neck.
    THEN show him the halter crown piece hanging down. then starts moving head all around to avoid me,
    Neck down I wait for him to lift it again. I then get the nose piece on and halter on/ then he is fine, Should I
    end the session? chasing his head around with the halter makes me fill like the corner grab method..
    When I catch his nose and put it on he is fine and we go for our walk. 4 out of 5 do this head moving thing
    but are fine after its on.

2. jchickering

jchickering CAMELIDynamics Consultant

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Rhonda VN

5. marty mcgee bennett

6. Rhonda VN

7. marty mcgee bennett

8. Rhonda VN

9. marty mcgee bennett